SUPPLY CHAIN TRANSFORMATION CENTER (STC)
WHO WE ARE
As EVs, autonomous vehicles, and advanced manufacturing shape the future of mobility, the STC is a full-service resource center to assist small to medium sized manufacturers in the greater Detroit Region in their transformation. The STC assesses manufacturers’ needs and connects them with the technical assistance necessary to help them stabilize, diversify, grow, and/or responsibly succeed in ownership transition.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Deep Dive Company Assessment
- Company Valuation
- Development of a Growth Opportunity Plan
- Up to $100K in matching funds for technical assistance projects for qualified manufacturers
- Less than 500 employees
- Operations in Genesee, Lapeer, Lenawee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, Shiawassee, St. Clair, Washtenaw, or Wayne county
- Earn at least 10% annually of business revenues from the mobility sector currently or within the last 5 years*
- Priority will be given to manufacturers in the ICE supply chain as well as those considered at high risk for disruption in historically excluded communities and those with clear leadership commitments to DEI
*For those that do not have 10% annual revenue in mobility, manufacturers demonstrating the critical potential to address a particular need in the advanced mobility supply chains may also be eligible.
The University of Michigan’s Economic Growth Institute leverages their resources, research, technologies, and expertise to foster innovation and create positive economic impact for local, state, and national communities and economies by working with small and medium-sized enterprises. EconomicGrowth.UMich.edu